Katy Perry Witness Album Official Tracklist
“Witness” is the upcoming and long-anticipated fourth studio album by American recording artist and pop star Katy Perry. It’s expected to be released on digital retailers and streaming services on June 9th via Capitol Records.
It arrives after finishing the relentless promotion of her latest and third major studio album “PRISM“, released in October 2013, and also ended the Prismatic World Tour which it has garnered nearly 200 million dollars.
After the huge numbers achieved with her Super Bowl XLIX halftime show, and released “By the Grace of God” as a final promotional single from the album, the singer started to work on more new music to delight all her fans in late 2015.
According to Advance Alternative Media site, Perry registered three new tracks called “She’s So Creepy“, “In Flames” and “Heartache Crusade” early this year. Another track called “Legacy” (alternate title “I’m Threw“) was registered in early May 2015. The song was written by Leon Gober Dorthars.
According to RadioAnMusic, Perry’s manager Steven Jensen gave a brief but exciting update while speaking at the All That Matters music and entertainment conference in Singapore this week. When talking about Perry, Jensen reportedly said, “She plans to release her next album by 2016.”
Perry registered a new track called “Cocodrile Tears” as response on her current battle with Taylor Swift. This info was released on Mirror on August 21st last year.
The pop star has recorded a Christmas song called “Everyday Is a Holiday”, which was included as part of H&M Christmas campaign where Katy Perry is the protagonist.
Australian hitmaker confirmed on Twitter that she has worked on a record with Katy Perry on December 8th. Apparently, on May 30th, Katy’s Twitter account was hacked a previously unreleased demo called “Witness” surfaced online.
In December, she worked in the studio with DJ Locksmith and part of the band Rudimental. The previously confirmed song “Rise” a special song for NBC Olympics was released unexpectedly and exclusively on Apple Music on July 15th.
Rae Sremmurd’s Swae Lee has confirmed on Complex that he has been working with Katy Perry on her upcoming album. He said:
I WROTE THIS TRACK AND SHE LAID IT AND IT’S PRETTY DOPE. IT SOUNDED PRETTY DOPE. SHE GOT A LOT OF STYLE
During a recent interview with ET Canada, Perry has confirmed she has been working with some unexpected producers. She said:
I’M WORKING WITH A LOT OF UNEXPECTED WRITERS AND PRODUCERS AND … THAT’S BRINGING OUT A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS SONICALLY. EVEN WHEN I WAS WORKING WITH MY GO-TO PRODUCERS, I’D ALWAYS PUSH THEM TO PLAY ME A BEAT THAT WAS RESERVED FOR THREE 6 MAFIA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
During a recent interview with Digital Spy, Jonas Blue has confirmed that he met Katy in LA and a collaboration could be on its way. He said:
I MET KATY PERRY IN LA A FEW WEEKS AGO, WAS LITERALLY SO STAR STRUCK. I WENT UP TO HER AND I WAS SO STAR STRUCK, BUT THEN SHE TURNED ROUND AND SAID SHE WAS MASSIVE OF MY MUSIC AND WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH ME. IT WAS A BIT WEIRD
The first single from the project is called “Chained to the Rhythm” and it was released on February 10th.
The anticipated track “Bon Appétit” featuring Migos was released as the album’s second official single on April 28th. During a live chat, Perry confirmed that the album includes 15 tracks and a few female collaborations.
A Nicki Minaj-assisted retro pop piece “Swish Swish” was released on May 19th with the pre-order of the album.
The album’s title track “Witness” is expected to be launched as instant grat on May 26th.
This project is about liberation. The first single is about mental/political liberation from conformity. The second single is about sexual empowerment/liberation and not being afraid of intimacy, and the third promotional single is about liberation from negativity.
- Witness | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha & Ali Payami
- Hey Hey Hey | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Sarah Hudson
- Roulette | Max Martin, Ali Payami, Shellback & Ferras Alqaisi
- Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Katy Perry, Duke Dumont, Brittany Hazzard, Sarah Hudson, Onika Miraj & PJ “Promnite” Sledge
- Déjà Vu | Katy Perry, Hayden James, Ferras Alqaisi & Thomas Stell
- Power | Katy Perry & Jack Garratt
- Mind Maze | Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
- Miss You More | Katy Perry, Ali Payami, Corin Roddick, Sarah Hudson & Megan James
- Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley) | Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami & Skip Marley
- Tsunami | Katy Perry, Michael Williams, Marcus Bell, Sarah Hudson & Mia Moretti
- Bon Appétit (feat. Migos) | Max Martin, Kirsnick Ball, Quavious Marshall, Oscar Holter, Shellback, Kiari Cephus, Katy Perry & Ferras Alqaisi
- Bigger Than Me | Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Corin Roddick, Megan James & Oscar Holter
- Save As Draft | Katy Perry, Elof Loelv, Noonie Bao, DJ Mustard, Max Martin & Twice As Nice
- Pendulum | Katy Perry, Jeff Bhasker & Sarah Hudson
- Into Me You See | Katy Perry, Alexis Goddard, Joe Taylor & Ferras Alqaisi